If you answer Yes to any of the following questions you need to have an EIN.

  • Do you have employees?
  • Do you operate your business as a corporation or partnership?
  • Do you file an Employment, Excise or Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms tax return?
  • Do you have a KEOGH plan
  • Are you involved with any of the following types of organizations?
  • Trusts (except certain grantor owner revocable trusts), IRAs, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Returns
  • Estates
  • Real estate mortgage investment conduits (REMICs)
  • Non-profit organizations
  • Farmers’ cooperatives
  • Plan administrators


If you need an EIN you can easily obtain one by clicking on the following link to the IRS.

Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) online.


Applying online should take less than 15 minutes from start to finish. Taxpayers and authorized third party designees will receive an EIN immediately upon completion of the application.